Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Financial Accounting Jr Associate
Responsible for the complete, timely execution of the AccountingOperations in good quality in the area of General Accounting (incl.Asset Management) according to the defined processes and activity split.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The primary responsibilities of this role, Financial Accounting Jr Associate, are to:
- Initiate requests for new / changes of GL accounts or other GL master data according to defined work procedures.
- Perform manual General Ledger postings as defined within the activity split.
- Perform monitoring and clearing of accounts which are in responsibility of the country.
- Review the closing results and follow up with business; Calculate impending losses and perform manual postings where applicable.
- Perform actual reporting according to defined activity splits.
- Run checking reports, identify and solve issues and perform correction according to the defined activity split.
- Prepare closing relevant documentation and perform accompanying letter.
- Support external and internal audit.
- Support investment process (accounting view) and perform investment tracking.
- Reconcile the project content with applicable group, subgroup and local guidelines and advise the project manager on the budget effects of the project.
- Check and approve appropriation requests in terms of accounting treatment.
- Communicate with project management about status of invest projects for timely depreciation.
- Pursue local legislation concerning new legal requirements in terms of depreciation parameters for local financial and/or tax purposes.
- Create Final asset from investment.
- Analyse and support business need to manage asset lifecycle.
- Review supporting documentation and check residual value for asset sale.
- Perform corrections on depreciation errors for period end closing.
- Prepare and distribute control list for physical inventory count and follow up on the inventory count result.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- University studies or Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Economics or similar. (Mandatory)
- Without experience or 1 year of professional experience in General Accounting or similar. (Desirable)
- Excellent English communication skills. (written/spoken). (Mandatory)
- Solid SAP FI/CO understanding. (Desirable)
- High customer orientation.
- Demonstrated teamwork spirit.
- Result-orientation, ability to work under pressure and capacity to
- prioritize properly the workload.
- Analytical skills, proactivity with initiative and persistence for follow-up.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Contribute with innovative ideas and proactivity to improve processes.
Are you looking for a new challenge where you can show your passion for innovation? Are you interested in working as part of a global team to improve people’s lives? Then send us your online application including cover letter, CV and references.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Reference Code: 257542
Functional Area: Contabilidad